Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Earlybird



Almost every morning, Katherine wakes up around 5:30. She sweetly bebops around and asks for her coffee. As I mixed up breakfast today, I found her asking for a refill of coffee. While she waited, she grabbed another cup and placed both over her ears, listening intently. Then, she removed one cup and listened again. She kept this up for several minutes - I love to watch her learn! God's design of little brains never fails to amaze me.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139: 13, 14

3 comments:

quilt'n-mama said...

I can't believe how much this sweet girl is growing and changing! Eli still calls her "Baby Katherine"... he looks at her pictures and just can't believe that is her:)
Blessings,
gayly

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Yay :D It's good to see you back and blogging again.

How wonderful to have a visit from your? his? parents! What a treat for all of you :D

Did you find your notebook? I couldn't help but sigh at the juxtaposition of your desire to find it and the Elisabeth Elliott quote that immediately followed it, in your daybook ;)

And I love all the pics of the kids.. and you. Don't see as many of us moms in our blogs, usually.

A late happy Mother's Day to you,

Julie

The dB family said...

She is such a sweet pea! Does she really drink coffee in the morning!?