Monday, April 19, 2010

Marulaon Woman's Daybook


For Today...Monday, April 19

Outside my window...crescent moon going down over the trees

I am thinking...about my youngest sister's 23rd birthday today.  Happy birthday, Rachel!
 
I am thankful for...friends to help me paddle across to the clinic with Katherine

From the kitchen...eggplant moussaka (still tons of eggplant here in Marulaon)

I am wearing...yellow dotted swiss nightgown, wet hair in a French braid
 
Noticing that...the coolness that the rain brings inspires me to bake and heat up the kitchen!
 
Pondering these words..."The person who would do great things well must practice daily on the little ones; and she who would have the assistance of the Almighty in important acts, must be daily and hourly accustomed to consult His will in the minor affairs of life."  --Emily Judson (wife to Adoniram)

I am reading..."The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary" by Simon Winchester.  Intriguing, and I'm looking forward to reading more of this historian's books.

I am hoping...and praying that Katherine's fever breaks soon
Around the house...kids' paint blob insects hanging up, piles of boxes for Aaron to take back to Honiara

One of my favorite things...the smell of rain on the thirsty ground

A few plans for the rest of the week...Aaron going to Honiara tomorrow to pick up Nahna & Papa, me holding down the fort in Marulaon while he's gone

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...one of my favorite places, my front porch
 

No comments: