Monday, April 12, 2010

Marulaon Woman's Daybook


For Today...Monday, April 12

Outside my window..."kui iaiam" sun hot!  Our veggies are shriveling, and we don't have enough water to irrigate them.  I am giving the newly transplanted bell peppers a little bit of precious water each evening.  Monday is a big garden day for our neighbors, and I've watched lots of ladies headed out to the bush to work this morning.
 
I am thankful for...Aaron getting back early from his trip yesterday.  What a sweet surprise to see him walking up the hill!

From the kitchen...seafood gumbo thanks to some friends who brought us okra from Honiara.

I am wearing...a hot pink skirt and an oil-stained white t-shirt, appropriate village clothes
 
 Noticing that...the sun follows a much more northerly course this time of the year even though we are only 8 degrees below the equator
I am reading...an Agatha Christie feast!  "The Underdog and Other Stories", "N or M", and "The Listerdale Mystery" - I love collections of short stories because I can sneak in a few minutes of reading here and there throughout my day.

I am hoping...and praying for rain.  Our tank only has a few inches left.
 Pondering these words...Perseverance: "A long obedience in the same direction" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Around the house...canned pumpkin about to become pumpkin bread, a list of things for Aaron to do when he goes to Honiara next week, limes sprouting on the porch, books about China filling up the book basket which is bathed in sunlight

One of my favorite things...listening to Katherine say Colossians 3:20

A few plans for the rest of the week...still trying to reschedule that language learning session with Sarah Kiko and Aaron still trying to gather all of the loose ends and finish building the platform for the raintank

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...some more of the lovely flowers in our yard - our neighbors call them "sunflowers" because they open each morning with the sun and close each evening as it sets
 

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Your flowers are beautiful. They are similar to the sundrops Brady gave me last year. I planted them on the south end of the porch and they have really grown well. I'll try to photograph them for you when they bloom. Still praying for rain for you.

Nahna said...

PRAYING WITH YOU FOR RAIN.