Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweet Sabbath


"I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving." Psalm 60:39




-love songs in the CD player ("All About Love" by Steven Curtis Chapman, "Best of Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong", "Only You" by Harry Connick, Jr., and [blush] "Chicago's Greatest Hits 1982-1989")
-my "archaeologist" husband: "An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have -- the older she gets the more he is interested in her." Agatha Christie




-making heart shaped popcorn balls with the girls to share with the neighbors
-the way the cream swirls in my morning coffee lovingly prepared by my husband




-sweet ribbons on little girl braids
-singing together as a family


-watching my kids' minds work and soak up new things

-washable markers


-making red, strawberry scented playdough with Katherine (and having enough flour left to make it!)

-observing my children live out this verse with each other, "My goal is that they will be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love..." Col. 2:2a



-refreshing smoothies made of orange juice, pineapple, and bananas

-a creative first born daughter who loves to celebrate Valentine's Day by making cards and sharing yummy treats with almost everybody she knows



-diligent ants racing down the wall with their "all-you-can-eat-buffet" (Proverbs 6:6)
-nine year old boy bear hugs
-hearing the lids pop & seal shut on rows and rows of recently canned pumpkin and carrots

2 comments:

The dB family said...

What a beautiful list of gratefulness. I love all the pink and red in the photos too!

Blessings!
Deborah

Kecia said...

Just reading this makes me happy!