Monday, February 22, 2010

Simple Womans' Daybook

Please visit Peggy and consider adding your own journal entry

FOR TODAY...Monday, February 22

Outside my window...dark clouds billowing and LOUD rumbles of thunder, unusual since we don't usually have thunderstorms; guys working on the storage shed next door & producing lots of banging and sawing noises

I am thinking...about noun declensions in Lavukaleve
I am thankful for...the friends that grabbed the last 25 kg bag of flour for us because they knew we needed to take flour to Marulaon

I am wearing...khaki skirt, ruby-red t-shirt, polished coconut shell hair clip

I am remembering...our 1989 family vacation to Washington, D.C., thanks to my parents who were willing to drive all night with a big family & save pennies to make lasting memories

I am going...to meet a returning SITAG family at the airport tomorrow since their flight was canceled with the "big snow" almost two weeks ago

I am currently reading..."What Really Matters at Home" by John & Susan Yates

I am hoping...and praying that my Lavukaleve continues moving forward in its slow but steady pace

On my mind...missing being back in the States so my kids can fo fishing with my grandfather, so I can drive my grandmother to her radiation therapy, so we can wonder in the vast amount of daffodils soon to bloom on Wye Mountain, so I can watch my sister's baby belly grow

Noticing that...I love ceiling fans!

Pondering these words...even when I grieve not being with family, "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7

From the kitchen...getting ready for lots of company this week and BAKING!!!

Around the house...flour, oats, rice, and pasta all finished with their time in the freezer and ready to go in rat-proof buckets, gas cylinders refilled, granola finished, boxes lined up on the porch waiting to be filled

One of my favorite things~ singing hymns in harmony with my family while we clean up the kitchen together

From my picture journal...
Katherine loves to help peel & cut hard boiled eggs for egg salad, she also begs to peel carrots & eggplant!

1 comment:

quilt'n-mama said...

sending you hugs and praying for you my friend...
gayly