Monday, February 8, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

Please visit Peggy and share your own daybook.


FOR TODAY... Monday, February 8

Outside my window...HOT & sunny, but we've got a little breeze, too; the three big kids are at a birthday party up the hill

I am thinking...about the new stove in this SITAG house. Thanks to those of you who contributed to ongoing needs of the accomodations fund. Now I no longer have to worry about flames exploding and engulfing my arm up to my elbow while I cook!

I am thankful for...God's "shepherding" and that He never leaves me or forsakes me

I am wearing...white t-shirt, green floral skirt made by Nana, barefoot, hair in a French twist

I am remembering...how much I loved to play the cello, especially with my handsome, brown eyed stand partner


I am going...to attempt to make cottage cheese

I am currently reading...Biblical Archealogy Review, January/February issue


I am hoping...to get all of my canning for the village done this week
On my mind...all of the fun and beautiful things to cook at this website. Wonder if I could take a stash out to Marulaon?


Noticing that...I've been quite scatterbrained and forgetful lately


Pondering these words..."If I rise on the wings of the dawn, If I settle on the far side of the sea [that's me!], even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." Ps. 139:9-10

From the kitchen...egg salad sandwiches and a big pot of chili

Around the house...piles of supplies for Marulaon beginning to accumulate...again


One of my favorite things~string quartets


From my picture journal...

Olivia was supposed to be dressing Katherine as we began our day. Sarah came running for the camera because she found them giggling on my bed and thought her two little sisters were just "too cute". I am so thankful that my kids love each other (most of the time) and enjoy playing together.

6 comments:

The Hibbard Family said...

Oh, how I love the picture of Katherine and Olivia! I can just hear the cackles! I love reading the simple, daily things on your Daybook.

LISA said...

Hi Joanna,
We are going to Jacksonville to audition (and I will not be auditioning).
Do you have your cello with you? You are not alone in the forgetful scatterbrained life. I missed your beautiful tong giveaway ~ bummer. I hope you have a blessed week. I hope your cottage cheese is a success.

Choate Family said...

Lisa,
Neither Aaron nor I brought our cellos because we weren't sure how the climate here would affect them. Even if we had brought them, I don't think we would have any time to practice :( Hoping that on furlough we can play our instruments frequently.

Let me know how the audition goes - exciting stuff!

Love,
Joanna

Robin said...

It was interesting to read about your day. Thanks for sharing it. God bless you.

quilt'n-mama said...

Thanks for sharing your day. I hope packing for the village goes well and that the rest of your time in honiara is a blessing as well. Can't wait to hear about the cottage cheese, I remember my grandmother making cottage cheese when I was little and how we loved it!
Blessings,
Gayly

The dB family said...

What a sweet sweet picture! It reminds me of very similar antics in this house :o).

I would love to hear how your cottage cheese turns out.

Blessings!
Deborah