Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Marulaon Woman's Daybook


For Today...Thursday, December 31

Outside my window...magnificent sun rising, breeze blowing, the village is waking up, small children collecting molokita that fell to the ground with the wind during the night

I am thinking...about how much we need prayer for wise living and making the most of every opportunity as we try to understand what the Lord's will is in each situation we encounter here in Marulaon (Eph. 5:15-17)

From the learning rooms...Christmas break from school, but we're still learning how to cook foods like our neighbors and use our outdoor kitchen
I am thankful for...our sweet friend, Joy, who has tackled every new challenge with gusto in spite of a cold.  She has been such a blessing to our family:  celebrating Christmas, playing with the kids, mending stacks of clothes, encouraging us and making us laugh.

From the kitchen...lemon poppyseed muffins and yogurt pops for breakfast, leftovers for lunch, and chili with cornbread for supper

I am wearing...cotton pajamas and a ponytail as I sit on our porch

I am reading...still absorbing E.M. Bounds thoughts on prayer and being convicted on every page

I am hoping...and praying for calm seas and an uncrowded "Bikoi" next Tuesday

Around the house...Christmas decorations coming down a little bit early, packing up and cleaning in preparation for leaving Marulaon on January 5
 
Pondering these words..."The Word of God is the fulcrum upon which the lever of prayer is placed, and by which things are mightily moved."  E.M. Bounds

One of my favorite things...hearing the rain fall and fill up the rain tanks - we like to think of it as "give us this day our daily rain"

A few plans for the rest of the week...packing, big New Year's celebration with feasting and dancing on Friday, lots of cleaning as we prepare the house to be closed for seven weeks

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Joy and one of my favorite babies in Marulaon.  Rockleaf (that really is his name) always has a smile and lets me cart him around on my hip.
 

2 comments:

LISA said...

Happy New Year, may God grant you wisdom and favor in 2010 as you are about His work in the Solomon Islands. We have been enjoying your many posts, reading about unusual foods and exciting adventures.
Blessings, Lisa

The dB family said...

You are in my prayers for safety and a good trip back to Marualon.

Happy New Year!

Blessings!
Deborah