Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Worldview

Tonight (Wednesday), Felta brought by the whole, huge tuna that we put on the motu this morning, as well as all of the umalau.  I took the lower half of the fish and left the half with the head (the choice part) for her family.  I also took half of the umalau and asked her to share the food with everyone who helped cook it. 
 
Felta told me that everybody was saying we must be Christian because the tree that fell last weekend missed our house!  I tried to tell her that I trusted God to always do what was best for me and my family.  If He thought the tree needed to miss our house, then that was best for us.  But if He thought the tree needed to hit our house, then that was best for us.  I don't think I explained very well (especially since I wasn't speaking in English), because she just smiled and nodded.  We are being given more and more peeks into their worldview, and it's scary and humbling and exciting all at the same time.

2 comments:

Nahna said...

You are light in the darkness when you are the hands and feet of Jesus...how exciting to have the opportunity to share.

Jeremy Staton - Pleasant Grove said...

I hope all is well with you guys. I enjoy reading about you. I constantly think about your family as you serve our wonderfull Lord. I got the coffee for our prayer meeting. It was wonderfull. I am sending out a care package today. Sorry it is late. Our lives have been in a whirlwind the past few months since we closed down our business.

Our prayers are with you.

Jeremy Staton and Family.