Sunday, November 22, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

 
For Today...Monday, November 23
 
Outside my window...beautiful sunny afternoon, Benjamin and Olivia down at the beach, my sheets hanging on the line still because Katherine decided to use my bed instead of the toilet (that stinker has been potty trained since March!)

I am thinking...honestly, about how tired I am.  I've had to work really hard today to count my blessings and give thanks in all circumstances.

From the learning rooms...new math books for Benjamin and Olivia, finishing up American History, a day off for Thanksgiving on Friday (so we can celebrate with our friends and family in the States)
I am thankful for...my husband's homecoming!  We made it through five days and five nights (I know it's not very long), and I only forgot to switch the solar panels one time.

From the kitchen...gearing up to celebrate American Thanksgiving.  No turkey (chicken will have to do), but we have some cute paper goods, corn casserole, green beans, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and grateful hearts.  God has truly given our family a plethora of things for which to thank Him.  Now if I could just figure out how to explain to the neighbors what pilgrims are and why I am giving my kids a day off of school.
 
Pondering these words..."And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."  II Cor. 9:8

I am wearing...denim sleeveless jumper with buttons that catch on the washing machine when I lean over

I am reading..."Blue Like Playdough" by Tricia Goyer, laughing, crying, being convicted

I am hoping...my outdoor kitchen gets built soon
 Around the house...construction paper turkeys, maps of Canada's provinces & territories going up as we get ready for a very short unit about Canada, mounds of cooking bananas that Margaret brought us yesterday

One of my favorite things...solar showers

A few plans for the rest of the week...enjoy our "Thanksliving Treasures" box each evening with the kids, try to find somebody who will take me over to the big island, Pavuvu, to find large round stones for my outdoor kitchen

 
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Benjamin waiting for the Bikoi to drop off his Daddy and some of the girls who came down to the shore to watch the Bikoi (it's the main event on a slow Sunday afternoon)
 

2 comments:

Nahna said...

Blessings to you all for this season of Thanksgiving and beyond. I miss you, each and everyone, and it will not be the same during this holiday time...now through the beginning of the year without the potential of seeing you. Prayers for a great family time and thankful heart for Aaron's safe return.

I love you.

The dB family said...

Praying you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you will get some much needed rest too!

Blessings!
Deborah