Monday, November 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...Monday, November 9

Outside my window...dusk is falling, frigate birds are catching the last updrafts of the day

I am thinking...that Marulaon is the perfect place to live 

From the learning rooms...circuits & electricity in science, 1950's & 1960's in history, math reviews for all as we wind down another school year, picture study with our Norman Rockwell playing cards, nature journaling with the many trees in bloom and new plants popping up
I am thankful for...a hardworking husband

From the kitchen...lots of fun foods sent in care packages from the States

I am wearing...black t-shirt, wrap around skirt from Papua New Guinea, black beaded earrings

I am reading..."No Ordinary Home" by Carol Jo Brazo.  I found this gem on sale when Sarah was little, and it's still a favorite!

I am hoping...and praying Olivia's eye infection continues to clear up
Pondering these words..."God always calls unqualified people." -- Madeleine L'Engle 
Around the house...almost finished unpacking and cleaning, passion fruit ripening in the hanging fruit basket, caladiums from Honiara growing in a pot on our porch, card sized pictures of presidents from the 1950's-present hung on a line in the hall

One of my favorite things...hearing Aaron reading aloud to the kids

A few plans for the rest of the week...continuing to clean, dislodge the spiders, and try to get organized

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
The little brown ants here love to build their high rise apartments in the stacks of Katherine's cloth diapers.  These are the same ants who live on the green bean plants, and they BURN if they touch your skin.  I can't figure out why they love her clean diapers so much.  Guess she really does have "ants in her pants"!

2 comments:

The dB family said...

Oh dear!! I sure hope that you find all those ants before Katherine wears her clean diapers! OUCH!!

Blessings!
Deborah

Catharine C said...

Re ants with the nappies - Its the elastic I bet. We used to have trouble with the ants getting into our underwear and eventually eating the elastic when we lived tropically overseas.

A bit funny though - we cracked the 'ants in your pants' joke a few times too!

Catharine C