Saturday, November 7, 2009

After the Storm

Sunday, November 8
The first bell rang at 4:45 this morning - but only 54 times. The second bell was at 5:15, and the last one rang at 5:45. Service began at 6:30. I'm thankful we meet for worship early while it's still cool! From her bed, Sarah asked if she had to get up when she heard the first series of bells ring :]
It is a lovely day today after yesterday's storm, and we'll begin cleanup tomorrow. My three big kids are outside playing with the other kids, and I just took a big stalk of sugar cane (along with my knife) down under the house for the masses to snack on. It's been a really nice Sabbath. We taught the kids how to play hearts this morning and there has been lots of laughter in the house today.

1 comment:

Abi's Blog said...

I remember loving sugar cane that my granddaddy grew. He would peel it with his pocket knife and cut off big chunks. I tried some again last year - somehow it is just not the same! Love you guys!