Sunday, August 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to participate, please visit Peggy's blog.


For Today...Monday, August 10


Outside my window...sun just peeping up over the horizon, roosters welcoming the day, the huge coconut tree outside our house putting out some sort of long finger-like yellow flower that the insects LOVE



I am thinking...about this huge house where we are living while we stay at SITAG, it's twice as big as our house in the village, and we are getting spoiled to two bathrooms. Sarah loves having her own tiny room that she can keep as neat as a pin. And we still have a guest room set aside for company during conference.



From the learning rooms...History - Roaring Twenties, Great Depression, Franklin Roosevelt, Gertrude Ederle, Sarah - memorizing Gettysburg Address, percentage of a quantity, thesis statement for her new research paper (can she really be that old?), Benjamin - math review, alliteration, Olivia - adding three numbers, alphabetizing, Katherine - I forgot her book back in the village, so she'll be enjoying her puzzles and lacing beads, Science - our solar system, painting pictures in the style of Jackson Pollock (that should be messy and fun!), language learning - practicing songs with the videos we took before we left




I am thankful for...Splenda Hazlenut coffee sweeteners, especially since I used my last one yesterday



From the kitchen...toast, eggs, and watermelon balls for breakfast, SITAG luncheon celebrating the completion of the roof on the new building (we're bringing carrot cake with yummy cream cheese icing), chicken noodle soup for supper



I am wearing...sea foam green cotton nightgown trimmed in white eyelet



I am reading..."Family Fragrance" by J. Otis & Gail Ledbetter, a great re-read by Focus on the Family



I am hoping...that we can find the parts to fix our computers without too much hassle or expense



I am creating...some care packages to send back to the States



I am hearing...not much but the hum of the ceiling fan



Around the house...just a little unpacking left to do, a carrot cake to ice, bagels to make



One of my favorite things...turning the monster ceiling fan on high and wrapping up in a quilt in the early morning with a cup of coffee to watch the sun come up



A few plans for the rest of the week...SITAG luncheon today, working in the Educational Resource Center during the afternoons to ready it for the new school year, Sarah has a sleepover to attend Friday night



Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

my sweet and silly ten year old in one of her favorite places

2 comments:

Abi's Blog said...

You are a blessing to me! Ava, from Gilmer, Texas

Jennifer said...

Thanks for your prayers and sweet blog comments! I'm now enjoying getting caught up on *your* blog now that I'm well and back to blog-land. :)

I always especially love to see what you are reading! I found a used copy of Family Fragrance on Amazon for a penny...had to splurge. :) It looks really good!