Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...Sunday, July 26, 2009

Outside my window...REALLY dark and quiet

I am thinking...about how hard it is to live a life full of grace, that it is much easier for me to live in unforgiveness and bitterness and finger pointing

From the learning rooms... History – end of WWI, Spanish Influenza epidemic, Sarah – exploring parts of a story's plot, expressing a decimal as a percentage, Benjamin – writing a short story, word problems with pounds & ounces, Olivia - studying antonyms, addition & subtraction with renaming, Katherine – sorting foam shapes, Science –building electric circuits & then creating bypasses


I am thankful for...for ten years with sweet Sarah

From the kitchen...Sarah's choice for birthday meals tomorrow: breakfast – almond bread and yogurt popsicles, lunch – Mexican, birthday party – cherry pineapple dump cake & vanilla ice cream, supper – chicken fettuchine alfredo florentine (her annual favorite)

I am wearing...blue & white seersucker pajamas, damp hair

I am reading..."What's So Amazing About Grace?" by Philip Yancey

I am hoping...that John (the guy from SITAG) can figure out why we can't do e-mail and fix the problem this week


I am creating...lists of things to take back to Honiara, things to do while in Honiara, & things to brings back to Marulaon

I am hearing...kids' heavy breathing, Aaron & John visiting

Around the house...varnishing floors almost finished, dishes drying in the rack, candle burning on the table, all at peace in a house ready for the next day

One of my favorite things...having people stay in the Choate Bed & Breakfast

A few plans for the rest of the week...Sarah's birthday tomorrow, a friend from SITAG staying until Wednesday night, markets on Wednesday and Saturday (we always make loads of banana cake to sell), lots of list making and packing towards the end of the week as we prepare to go back to Honiara

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Benjamin opening a kino (a type of nut)

2 comments:

LISA said...

I want to come stay at the Choate Family B&B:)

Choate Family said...

Come on over - we love company!