Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...Saturday, July 18, 2009

Outside my window...bright sunshine & a brisk breeze drying the clothes on the line

I am thinking...that my brain can't absorb anything else in Lavukaleve right now!

From the learning rooms... History - WWI, Sarah –using symbolism in writing, math review, Benjamin – onomatopoeia, word problems with units of weight , Olivia –homonyms, Katherine – walking on a "balance beam", learning lots of fun action songs with big sister as a teacher, Science – batteries & electric circuits


I am thankful for...the foundation that was laid by the SITAG family who came to Marulaon before us. Over and over, Aaron and I see the fruits of their hard work & trials.

From the kitchen...we enjoyed baked French toast & papaya for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch, & for supper it will be some concoction with pasta to use the rest of the fish I bought at market this morning

I am wearing...blue & white floral sleeveless jumper, silver hoop earrings

I am reading..."A Life That Says Welcome" by Karen Ehman

I am hoping...that the next twelve years of our marriage is as wonderful as the first twelve years have been (our anniversary is tomorrow)


I am creating...our learning schedule & our school list of things to take with us when we go back to Honiara at the beginning of August.

I am hearing...sheets snapping in the breeze, laughter as we play a new card game we found in the house

Around the house...tomatoes ripening on the windowsill, crab waiting to be shelled, green coconuts lined up on the cabinet to refresh us, a countdown to Sarah's birthday on the chalkboard

One of my favorite things...watching my "three muskateers" clean up the kitchen after lunch while Aaron and I sat down to a language learning session that was earlier than we anticipated. The kids laughed and sang as they worked, and they are all so close in height! I marveled at the incredible people blossoming as I secretly observed them (when I really should have been notating Lavukaleve).

A few plans for the rest of the week...more language learning sessions, another SITAG member coming out to spend a few days with us and help us with the radio/e-mail (the Choate bed & breakfast is ready!), a bazaar on Friday to raise money for the church (we've been asked to bake & sell banana cake)


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

No comments: