Wednesday, August 5, 2009

More escapee urio

Wednesday, July 29
You think we would learn our lesson and cook the urio right away, but we were so tired after market this afternoon (too many nights filled with howling dogs, loud music, kids with bad dreams, etc.). So Aaron put two very alive urio in a pot, put the lid on, and placed the pot on top of the stove. In the middle of the night, I awoke to some sound I couldn't identify. I decided since I was awake, I might as well make a trip to the bathroom. The pantry and the bath room share a wall, and I could hear a scritcha-scratcha sound coming from the pantry. So, I woke up my sweet husband! Aaron grabbed a flashlight and went off to find one urio climbing out of the pot and another one in the far corner of the pantry on top of the cassava scraper. He put both in separate containers, secured the lids, and set them on the porch so we could enjoy the rest of the evening in peace.

1 comment:

LISA said...

Is this a crab or lobster, or something similar? I do hope I do not have nightmares tonight after reading this, haha...