Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thankful for little things...


...like grapes! We walked into the bulk shop to find that a new shipment had come in. They had carrots, apples, and best of all seedless red grapes. Benjamin said, "Mama, it's been so long since I've eaten grapes that I've forgotten what they taste like!" The grapes were quite a treat and worth the splurge. They tasted great with the meatloaf, green salad and mashed kumara (a kind of sweet potato) last night, and we will enjoy carrot sticks and apple slices with our PBJ sandwiches for lunch. We really enjoy the fruits and veggies here, but who knew that grapes, carrots, and apples would be comfort food?

2 comments:

Christy said...

Oh Joanna! I had no idea that fresh fruit and veg would be so hard to come by. I am completely unsure what we would do with an absence of grapes! I have to keep them washed and rinsed in the fridge so my daughter can help herself.

So glad you guys had a treat!

Anonymous said...

Love that blue bowl...bless you