Sunday, March 8, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, March 9
Still can't get the button to upload, but please swing by Peggy's to enjoy the other daybooks.


Outisde my window...a rosy sky, porch light illuminating the whites I hung on the line last night
I am thinking...about my sweet hubbie away on Marulaon until Wednesday
From the learning rooms...Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg, Robert E. Lee, George McClellan, Sarah-multiplying & dividing fractions, parts of a formal letter, Benjamin-dividing hundreds, tens, & ones, contractions, Olivia-A & An, Numbers to 20, Katherine-dropping small things into a bottle, the discovery of lodestone (continuing studying magnets), finishing up Van Gogh and Tchaikovsky, jump rope for PE, hymn study-"Rejoice, Ye Pure in Heart", beginning intervals & ear training for piano
I am thankful for...the internet being back on, I've missed keeping in touch!
From the kitchen...bar-b-qued meatballs, corkscrew pasta, slippery cabbage, & papaya for supper, but just plain camper's oatmeal for breakfast
I am wearing...olive green t-shirt, khaki skirt, jade and gold earrings that belonged to my grandmother, hair in a twist preparing for the day's heat
I am reading...Bill Peet's autobiography
I am creating...a meal plan for our village stay
I am hearing...a Passion CD setting the tone for the day
Around the house...mattresses sunning in the grass, washing sheets on this beautiful sunny day
One of my favorite things...when Katherine throws her arms around my neck and puckers up for a big kiss
A few plans for the rest of the week...awaiting Aaron's return and then frantic shopping (rain tanks, screens, appliances?) and planning as he prepares to return quickly to Marulaon and ready the house
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
my kitchen helper excited that Mama made brownies

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a pleased, but impish expression on that sweet face. We are praying for good sailing weather for Aaron. With the forecast in your part of the world, I am praying for safe passage.
I trust you all are ok. I know you will be happy to have Aaron back with you.

Love to each of you
Nahna

Chelley said...

Oh my!!! what a sweet, happy face!! This picture is worth a thousand words!!!

Take CAre!!

Chelley

Anonymous said...

I love the picture! We miss you guys. Your blog is great. Thank you for keeping us up-to-date with what is happening in your lives. Love, Ruth Huntley