Monday, January 26, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


Monday, January 26th



Outside my window...leaves dripping from early morning rain, fog so thick I can't even see the harbour



I am thinking...that I want to nurture creative children



I am thankful for...friends halfway around the world who jumped on the chance to help us out with Benjamin's glasses (and his custom-ground lenses)



From the learning rooms...Tchaikovsky's ballets, Math - order of operations (Sarah), counting on to add (Olivia), renaming in addition and subtraction (Benjamin), biographies of Elizabeth Blackwell and William Wilberforce, making pin magnets



From the kitchen...hamburgers on the grill to celebrate Australia Day



I am wearing...navy blue cotton dress with flowers



I am creating...from Susan Branch, "Homemaking is the most creative job there is -- we're always making something from nothing! It's cooking, decorating, gardening, arranging and planning -- not to mention child care, which requires a Michelangelo of Creativity -- all true arts."



I am going...hopefully nowhere



I am reading..."Growing Creative Kids" by Dr. Wesley Sharpe



I am hoping...that Katherine will sleep well soon



I am hearing...little feet toddling down the hall



Around the house...a friend coming over to cook dampers (for Australia Day) in our kitchen, what a blessing!



One of my favorite things...snuggling with my kids



A few plans for the rest of the week: celebrating the Chinese New Year and National Puzzle Day



Here is picture thought I am sharing...








Broccoli doesn't usually warrant a picture or words of praise, but it is imported here. A big shipment came in last week with fresh onions and oranges and BROCCOLI! So our family has been enjoying the treat of raw broccoli quite a bit this week.




Don't forget to swing by Peggy's and see all of the other daybooks while you are munching on your broccoli!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Imported Broccoli...Oooh la la!

;)

The Hibbard Family said...

I really thought I'd commented on here! :-)

I never would have thought about you not having broccoli! Wow - the things we take for granted...

Oh, and if you're nerds, we are too...one of our date night ideas is choosing a logic problem and seeing who can work it the fastest! :-)

TheHarriman Family said...

I love the broccoli comment too! That is definitely one thing I never thought of being thankful for! We love hearing about what you are doing in school half way around the world!!