Saturday, January 17, 2009

Birthday Party - Solomon Island Style

Today, we went to celebrate the 16th birthday of a SITAG kid.

We drove about 40 minutes north of Honiara to a beautiful beach.


While the birthday girl spoke, I looked behind me and Sarah was sorting rocks.


When she had finished, this was the final result (my creative girl - must get it from her Daddy!)

We enjoyed practicing our Pijin and making some more friends. Katherine really did enjoy Queeny and Emma, just not when they pinched her fat cheeks.

Lunch was great, the SITAG family had roasted a pig and veggies overnight in a stone pit. Yummy!
On the way home, we saw a shining black and gold jersey with a big number 7 and "Roethlesburger" emblazoned on the back. Steelers fans are everywhere!

2 comments:

The Hibbard Family said...

How fun! I can imagine that pig was really quite delicious! And, poor Katherine - sometimes I want to reach out and at least kiss those precious cheeks myself! She just can't help it that she's so cute! :-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a great time at the party!! The Steelers are playing as I key this message. JT said they are tied 20-20 right now. He had just commented that you, Aaron would be proud of your team. There are four minutes left in the game.

Love you all.
Nahna