Sunday, December 28, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook




Monday, December 29th



Outside my window...laundry hanging on the clothesline blocking my view of the Pacific Ocean



I am thinking... about 2 Timothy 2:4 "A soldier on active service will not let himself be involved with civilian affairs; he must be wholly at his commanding officer's disposal," and Elisabeth Elliot's comments - "Any 'soldier', any candidate for Christian discipline, ought daily to report to his commanding officer for duty. At your service, Lord. What the soldier does for the officer is not in the category of a favor. The officer may ask anything. He disposes of the soldier as he chooses."



I am thankful for...a washing machine!



From the learning rooms...continuing Westward Expansion. Some friends suggested a fabulous computer game, "The Oregon Trail", and thanks to some generous grandparents we are really enjoying learning as we play



From the kitchen...slippery cabbage quiche (still trying to incorporate local produce)



I am wearing...the ubiquitous bare feet and a ponytail, a bright pink skirt made by a friend in Memphis, a white tee-shirt, and gold filigree ball earrings given to me by Aaron's mom for Easter while we were in college.



I am creating...our schedule for the month of January, alternating academic school days and field trips into Honiara. Fruit of the mind, not of the hands, hopefully that will come later.



I am going... to enjoy snuggling with my family on the couch tonight as we reread "Little House on the Prairie".



I am reading..."Discipline: The Glad Surrender" by Elisabeth Elliot.



I am hoping...that our shipment comes in this week!



I am hearing...the sound of rain pounding down and filling our rain tanks and kids running around and laughing in the rain filling their souls



Around the house...stacks of books about the history of the Solomon Islands.



One of my favorite things...internet, blogging, Skype - mind boggling technology that allows us to stay in touch across many miles.



A few plans for the rest of the week: We are beginning "Where in Honiara is Carmen San Diego?" this week (more about that in a later post). Tomorrow, all six of us will walk down the hill to the highway and catch a bus into town to go shopping. Look for updates and pics as we venture out!



Here is picture thought I am sharing...




Thanks for stopping by! I wanted to record my daybook even though Peggy is on vacation for the holidays. You can still check out daybooks from her archives.

2 comments:

The Hibbard Family said...

You're on Skype? We are too! We will add you to our address book this week...

Christy said...

I used to play Oregon Trail all the time! There's even a facebook application about that now...