Monday, June 2, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Do stop in at Peggy's for all of the links entered in this week's Simple Woman's Daybook!

June 2, 2008


Outside My Window...an empty bird feeder waiting for me to buy more birdseed and refill it.

I am thinking...about how to pack everything we need to ship to the Solomon Islands into two cubic meters.

I am thankful for...my sweet sister who drove down from Kansas and graced us with her presence this weekend.

From the kitchen...the beginnings of cleaning out the pantry in preparation for the big move.

I am wearing...pajamas still!

I am creating...scrapbook pages of our time here in Dallas.

I am going...to lots of doctor's appointments this week (dentist, allergist, Benjamin's eye doctor).

I am reading..."When Mothers Pray" by Cheri Fuller

I am hoping...to find out where our new home will be in the Solomons!

I am hearing...Katherine babbling. She said "Mama" for the first time last night!

Around the house...children bending over math books in anticipation of finishing the school year this week.

One of my favorite things...meeting with the directors of the Solomon Islands this Friday to get to know them better and to find out more about where we will get to serve.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: more packing as we attempt to sort through every room in the house (we've already gone through the school room - the toughest room of all!).

Here is picture thought I am sharing...from a sweet friend at church. Thanks Susie!

3 comments:

Aisling said...

I was going to refill our bird feeder the other day but hubby said it was the wrong time of year to do so, and the we are supposed to leave them to find their own natural food at the moment. :-(
I'm late signing the linky for the daybook but have done so now.

The Hibbard Family said...

I love this insight into your day! Oh how I pray for you as you face the challenges of the next weeks. I can only imagine the struggle as you went through that school room. What a joy to have been able to use those special books to watch your children hungrily learn! Many prayers and much love are coming your way from ours...

Sondra said...

I came for your daybook but really enjoyed reading the page until I got to it. Your pics are GORGEOUS! I mean, do you even KNOW any ugly people? (((((HUGS))))) sandi