Saturday, December 22, 2007

Welcome Winter!






As if on cue, the weather turned colder and windier today! Our children began the day in shorts and t-shirts, and as the day has progressed they have


added jackets and come indoors. We pulled out some winter books (see side bar), made solstice (AKA lemon) cupcakes for teatime, and utilized an orange to show us why the seasons change. I think for teatime we will read the poem "Dust of Snow" by Robert Frost.
The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree
Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.
I think we will finish up our celebration of the winter solstice (we need all the help we can get here in Dallas) by trying a new recipe, Lemon Snowballs. http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1610,135178-248195,00.html

The funniest thing to me is the delight my kids get every time the seasons change...because they know they will get new toothbrushes! They were trying to cheat last night and open their new toothbrushes before Winter officially arrived!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok just because you have an eye patch, doesn't mean the knife that close to your eye isn't a little bit scary to your old Uncle Jason!

Teatime? Jo...Teatime...your in Texas...it's a snack! HAHAHAHAHA