Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy 7th birthday, Benjamin!

Benjamin's birthday was yesterday. As I came to bed after feeding Katherine about 4:30 a.m. , I couldn't help but think about the first time we met our sweet boy. He had such a scary beginning. An ice storm raged outside the hospital, while Benjamin fought to breathe inside NICU. Not holding our new baby made us miserable. After a week, Benjamin came home, and he hasn't stopped bringing us joy. Sometimes I feel like he is trying to make up for that first week of no touches by constantly hugging, snuggling, wrestling...(you get the picture). We enjoyed celebrating the incredible way that God created my Benjamin yesterday, and I was reminded that I need to take the time to celebrate my children more often - not just on birthdays. I am so grateful for my precious children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am waaaaaaay behind on my comments, but hey! It is never to too late to wish my nephew a Happy Birthday!!!!!

Uncle Jason